Right? I mean come on, we totally have more important things to worry about; school, work, ladies, etc. We are all just way too busy focusing on a million things at once and it makes us wish that there were more hours in the day.
When it comes down to it, it seems as though style is the last thing we need to have on our minds. WRONG. Not only should a man’s style be at the top of his priorities, but he should also start it regularly in every type of fantasy league.
Style, as defined by Dictionary.com, is “a particular kind, sort, or type, in reference to form, appearance, or character,” and leaves you asking yourself, “what the hell does that mean?” Basically, style is made up of all the factors that go in to making you an individual. It can mean yours fashion sense, it can mean how you greet people, but it can also depict the way you carry yourself when nobody is looking.
When we think style, image is the other word buzzing in our ear. The two go hand in hand, and can help others understand who you really are (or make them believe you’re someone completely different, for that matter!)
Really though – image is your introduction music before you hit the ring. Way before the handshake, and a microsecond before the eye contact, your image will help make a first impression last. How, you ask?
Image can be comprised of three different categories: fashion, grooming, and action. All three are things you must know how to do when entertaining school, work or ladies (refer to first paragraph.) Ah-hah!
- Wear clothes that fit your body, making sure they don’t “hang off”
- Choose the right colors for the setting (with the boys, date night, professional, etc.)
- Accessorize if possible. It shows people that you’re an individual
- Have your hair the way you like it, just make sure it’s neat
- Same goes for the face – neaten up a beard on the cheeks and neck or take it off completely
- Have your brows done. Seriously, most girls really appreciate that
- Clip and clean (under) your fingernails
- After that first look comes eye contact, so make it
- Next is a smile. Don’t ever underestimate the power of a great smile
- Then the handshake. Avoid the dead fish. Go for a grip that says, “I’m here, what’s up?”
If you’re at campus and you have ONE class on a Friday morning, then hell, wear sweatpants and go home and nap, we’ve all been there at one point. Just put yourself together after and don’t play X-Box all day. Don’t cramp your own style.
All it takes it vision, preparation, and execution. Once you’ve become aware of how to make your own style and become your own person, it’s going to make everything keeping you busy a hell of a lot easier.